After the professional teams discovered Calpe on the Costa Blanca for their cycling camps, amateurs and cycling tourists also followed. Vuelta Turistica, the company of Belgians Jurgen and Inge van Goolen, arranges fully-organized cycling trips and cycling camps in/from Calpe. Many will remember the name Jurgen van Goolen from the time he was a professional cyclist, Inge was also a professional cyclist and triathlete.
Vuelta Turistica follows a service model appreciated by many cyclists. From a comfortable and cyclist-oriented hotel in Calpe, you take daily guided cycling trips through the surrounding area of the Costa Blanca. There are many beautiful cycling routes in the area as well as several challenging climbs. There are different groups so that everyone can train at their own level. Bringing your own bike is not necessary because the Specialized rental bikes (Tarmac, Roubaix, and sporty e-bikes) that Jurgen offers are of top quality (can also be rented separately).
A fully-catered cycling camp can be as long or short as you desire, so it is possible to cycle with Vuelta Turistica for only a few days. Many cyclists choose to stay for one week. This is what you can expect:
- Stay in accommodation according to formula (8 days / 7 nights ) in a 2-person room
- 5 days of guided cycling
- Vuelta Turistica cycling shirt
- Water bottle + sports drink
- Cycle at your own level in groups up to 12 people
- Airport/Hotel shuttle service
- Welcome drink, discussion of the program, and collection of the rental bike
- Information folder with advice and guidelines
- Discount card for massage and wellness spa at the hotel
- Gym in the hotel
- Access to rental bike on your rest day
- Breakdown assistance (trailer with a mechanic)
- Secure bike parking
- Training and cycling position advice
For all information about cycling trips and cycling weeks in Calpe, visit the Vuelta Turista website.
Use the BOX below to ask a question or leave a comment.